Breaking News

[Recipe] Cheddar Cheese Puto

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter softened
2/3 cup powdered glutinous rice
1/3 cup flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
5 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
grated cheddar cheese for topping
Directions:
Cream the soft butter on a mixing bowl with the sugar. Add the egg. Gradually add the remaining dry ingredients alternating with the milk. And finally add the vanilla extract.

Place in wax paper lined muffin cups about 2/3 full. Garnish with grated cheddar at the top and steam for about 10 minutes or until when poked with a toothpic at the center, the toothpick comes out clean.

* I have tried making a sugarfree version with this recipe with moderate success. I simply replaced the 5 tablespoons of sugar with the equivalent half and half splenda and stevia blend. I have been experimenting cooking with stevia and I noticed that you do not taste the sweetness right away and somehow it just surfaces later. I do not know if this is always true but for my version of the sugarfree Puto, I used splenda for half the sweetening requirement.

No comments