Breaking News

[Recipe] Chocolate Cola Butter Cake

My mother used to make this cake when we were young. I don't exactly remember when that was. Probably I was too young to remember. I grew up eating my mother's Orange cake and Drop Cookies but I can't remember this one. I haven't actually baked this cake yet but my mother tells me it's quite good. Oh yeah? Then I wonder why she stopped making this cake when we were older? Try it out yourself and tell me how it tastes like. This was originally labeled as "Coke Cake" in my mother's "recipe notebook" but I decided to name it in a more generic fashion.

Ingredients:
½ cup shortening + 1 tsp butter
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
6 tsp cocoa (or unsweetened melted chocolate)
1 can cola soda
1 ¾ cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Directions:
Cream shortening and sugar.
Fold in eggs and melted chocolate.
Add coke and dry ingredients alternately ending with dry ingredient.
Beat well. Bake at 350ºF for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

It has a weird taste... ^_^
i guess i just got it all wrong.
(maybe i should stick to the ingredients. hee hee)