Breaking News

[Review] El Toro Restaurant

El Toro Restaurant

This restaurant is a recent discovery for me and my friends. This is somewhat unusual considering that the restaurant isn't even new and it is very near where we stay. We have always complained about the very limited restaurant choices here in Batangas City and discovering this really nice place right in our neighborhood is a pleasant surprise. It is very easy to miss the sign and the location is a bit secluded (we came in at night and when we were entering the small dark street leading to the restaurant I was having serious doubts whether there is a restaurant located there at all).

Very cool and airy ambiance (the dining area is open air). Wide variety of dishes (German, Thai, Filipino, Mexican). Friendly staff and owner (he surprised me first by delivering some of the dishes personally to our table and then by talking to me in tagalog why I was taking pictures of the food - "startled" would be a better word to use). Reasonably priced. Big portions.

Must try is the appetizer shown which are actually deep fried long chillis with seeds taken out wrapped in meat and "lumpia" wrapper served with salsa. I'm not usually a huge fan of spicy food but I really liked it.

Try the different sausages with a cold glass of beer.

Located in Batangas City along the diversion road from Balagtas (end portion of Star Tollway) to the Batangas Pier. Going to the pier, the road is to your right near Honda Batangas.

More photos:
El Toro Restaurant El Toro Restaurant El Toro Restaurant El Toro Restaurant

2 comments

Val said...

I know you Jepster! I have yet to try eating at El Toro but I've been hearing positive feedback (from our friends, haha). Excited1 =)

JEP said...

Hi Val :)

Thanks for dropping by. Yes you should definitely try out El Toro. I love their selection of german sausages and creamy mashed potato. Their selection of beer is not bad either :D